Become a Better Researcher

Our research problems are unique and our genealogy software, to be useful, must be flexible enough to match our respective problems and our respective methods. The Master Genealogist is that software, but power and flexibility has a down side. The more options a program has, the more decisions the user must make. This year, the Tri-Valley TMG User Group will explore those options and make some of those personal decisions. Would you like to play along with us? Do each month's assignment, and if you like, e-mail it to us at: tvtmg.chair@L-AGS.org. We'll post some of the completed assignments on this blog each month. Let's hear it for choices!

Friday, May 16, 2014

May Assignment: My Photograph and Narrative

I thought this assignment would be easy. After all, my love of genealogy began with a box of old photographs, and my early research focused on identifying the people in those photographs and learning more about them. However, it took me forever to choose my subject photograph, and it took me longer than forever to write the narrative! Mark submitted his assignment more than a week ago, and Danielle completed hers yesterday.

I finally figured out my problem, and here is my photograph and narrative, "Berton Isaac Staples: Vermont Merchant -- Indian Trader."

Come to the meeting prepared to enjoy some great stories. Bring your own stories, and be sure to bring a picture that you want to enter in your TMG database. We'll be covering the process, step-by-step.

No comments:

Post a Comment